Remember the Place you once called Home.
The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) is blessed with advocates who take an active interest in the future of the College. These people consist of alumni of the College who attended or graduated from CASNR, and friends of the College who may be spouses of alumni, faculty, or others who want to be a part of alumni activities.
Membership in the CASNR Alumni Association is open to anyone with an interest in the College.
CASNR Alumni Football Tailgate & Silent Auction
Saturday, Sept. 2310:30 a.m. at Nebraska East Union Nebraska vs. Rutgers, kickoff at 2:30 p.m.
The annual tailgate provides an opportunity for CASNR Alumni to socialize while supporting the college they love. Sponsored by the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, the event raises funding to support CASNR Scholarships.
- Parking: Free Parking available in lot North of the Nebraska East Union
- Shuttles: Service from East Union lot begins 3 hours (11:30 a.m.) prior to kickoff
- East Campus loading/unloading in the parking lot north of the East Union
- Stadium loading/unloading at 14th and Vine streets.
CASNR Alumni Association Awards
The CASNR Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for their 2014-15 Awards. Each award recognizes those who are CASNR alumni or friends of CASNR and have made a lasting impact in their field, in the community or in the College. To learn more or to submit a nomination, please go to the CASNR Alumni Awards Page.
Give to CASNR Programs
Gifting to agriculture and natural resource programs is done through the University of Nebraska Foundation, making gifts tax deductible as provided in Internal Revenue Code. Gifts support student scholarships, student activities, the CASNR Alumni Association, research, extension and other philanthropic priorities of the Institute as provided through six funds.
CASNR Alumni Association Brick Fund
When you make a donation to the CASNR Alumni Brick Program, you will leave a permanent legacy on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's East Campus and you will also help make college more affordable for future students. Your brick can be engraved with your name or that of a friend, favorite professor, family member—anyone who you would like honored at CASNR. To learn more about the brick program, please go to nufoundation.org/casnrbuyabrick.
CASNR Alumni Board
- President, Erik Hoegemeyer, '99, Hooper
- Past-President,Steven Kaiser, 2010, Omaha
- Vice President, Ty Schurr, '13, Gothenburg
- Recording Secretary, Heather Ramsey, ’09, Bruning
- Treasurer, Bart Brinkman, '80, Shickley
- Mark “Bump” Kraeger, ’94, Ashland
- Justin Osborne, ’98, Hastings
- Ty Schurr, ’13, Wood River
- Cindy Vossler, ’90, Ashland
- Dean Steven S. Waller
- CASNR Director of Alumni Relations Meg Klosterman Kester
- IANR Representative and CASNR Alumni Development Director Jill Brown
- NU Foundation Representatives Josh Egley, Kristen Hassebrock, and Craig Buescher
- Student Representatives Cody McClellan and Emmett Caldwell