Remember the Place you once called Home.
The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) is blessed with advocates who take an active interest in the future of the College. These people consist of alumni of the College who attended or graduated from CASNR, and friends of the College who may be spouses of alumni, faculty, or others who want to be a part of alumni activities.
Membership in the CASNR Alumni Association is open to anyone with an interest in the College.
Congratulations to the Keck family of Plainview, Nebraska! Three generations and five CASNR degrees! Howard Keck received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture Education (1932). Steve Keck received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agronomy (1982). Andrew Keck received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics and an MBA from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2009, 2012). Aaron Keck received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics (2012). Mark Keck received his Bachelor of Science degree in Agronom (2016).
|CASNR Alumni Football Tailgate|
|CASNR Alumni Association hosted its Football Tailgate Sept. 27 before the NU-Illinois Homecoming game. The annual tailgate provides an opportunity for CASNR Alumni to socialize while supporting the college they love. Sponsored by the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Alumni Association and the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the event welcomes hundreds of past students for food, fun, and fundraising. This year's event raised over $3,500 for CASNR Scholarships. In addition, the newest group of Bricks were installed and dedicated north of Agriculture Hall.|
|CASNR Alumni Association Awards|
|The CASNR Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for their 2014-15 Awards. Each award recognizes those who are CASNR alumni or friends of CASNR and have made a lasting impact in their field, in the community or in the College. To learn more or to submit a nomination, please go to the CASNR Alumni Awards Page.|
Membership is open to alumni and friends of the College.
- $20 for an individual
- $25 Couple.
- Individual - $300
- Couple - $360
- Individual Installment - $65/year for 5 years
- Couple Installment - $75/year for 5 years
- Senior Individual - $180
- Senior Couple - $220
- Football Reunion ticket purchase opportunity
- (Silent auction generates scholarship funds)
- Invitations to alumni-sponsored activities
- Academic department chapters of the Association
- Pride in being part of the academic excellence and nationwide recognition of the College
- Satisfaction in helping prospective students find their niche in agriculture and natural resources
- Your Association Supports and Assists in:
- Salute to Graduates East Campus ceremony
- Senior Send-Off breakfast prior to commencement
- Alumni Achievement and Service Awards
- Student recruitment
- Undergraduate scholarships
- Student leadership recognition awards
- Student organizations and clubs
- Career development and job placement
Credit Card payments are processed through the NU Foundation. When you click on the link to the foundations website below you will be sent directly to the CASNR Alumni Association donation page, where you can input your dues amount. The CASNR office is notified when a gift is made to this account, so that your membership can be documented.
CASNR Alumni Update
Please provide your updated contact Information so we can keep in touch with you about all that CASNR provides for Alumni.
Gifting to agriculture and natural resource programs is done through the University of Nebraska Foundation, making gifts tax deductible as provided in Internal Revenue Code. Gifts support student scholarships, student activities, the CASNR Alumni Association, research, extension and other philanthropic priorities of the Institute as provided through six funds.
|CASNR Alumni Association Brick Fund|
|When you make a donation to the CASNR Alumni Brick Program, you will leave a permanent legacy on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's East Campus and you will also help make college more affordable for future students. Your brick can be engraved with your name or that of a friend, favorite professor, family member—anyone who you would like honored at CASNR. To learn more about the brick program, please go to nufoundation.org/casnrbuyabrick.|
CASNR Alumni Board
- President, Erik Hoegemeyer, '99, Hooper
- Past-President,Steven Kaiser, 2010, Omaha
- Vice President, Ty Schurr, '13, Gothenburg
- Recording Secretary, Heather Ramsey, ’09, Bruning
- Treasurer, Bart Brinkman, '80, Shickley
- Mark “Bump” Kraeger, ’94, Ashland
- Justin Osborne, ’98, Hastings
- Ty Schurr, ’13, Wood River
- Cindy Vossler, ’90, Ashland
- Dean Steven S. Waller
- CASNR Director of Alumni Relations Meg Klosterman Kester
- IANR Representative and CASNR Alumni Development Director Jill Brown
- NU Foundation Representatives Josh Egley, Kristen Hassebrock, and Craig Buescher
- Student Representatives Cody McClellan and Emmett Caldwell