Nicole's CASNR Insider Connections Week of September 5, 2016

Nicole's CASNR Insider Connections Week of May 1, 2017

Good luck on all your finals and congrats to May graduates!!

1. TractorJoe Scholarship
2. National Poultry & Food Distributors Association Scholarship
3. Syngenta Agricultural Scholarship
4. National Grocers Association Scholarship
5. University Libraries Events & Information
6. Volunteers needed- Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska 

 Please send Nicole submissions by Thursday at noon to be included for next week’s Insider Connections

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. TractorJoe Scholarship

TractorJoe is the leading online supplier of tractor and agricultural parts for members of the agricultural industry nationwide, and we have launched a scholarship program for students pursuing related fields of study offering $1,000 to cover costs related to their academic career (e.g. books, lodging, etc.).
Here is a brief list of our requirements: Male or female students currently pursuing a course of study or planning to do so in the next academic year and an essay submission.

All of the details and application information about the TractorJoe Agriculture Scholarship are available on our website at https://www.tractorjoe.com/scholarship

Essays must be received by June 1, 2017.

2. National Poultry & Food Distributors Association Scholarship

$2,500 scholarship available for a college junior or senior full time student pursuing poultry or food related agricultural, ag business degree. For scholarship information, please visit: http://www.npfda.org/npfda-scholarships

 3. Syngenta Agricultural Scholarship

Syngenta celebrates diversity in agriculture through support of FarmHer and other initiatives that promote the critical role everyone, including all underrepresented groups, plays in the success of the industry. Are you a college student who values the importance of diversity in ag? If so, we invite you to compete for a portion of $20,000 in available awards to help grow your future. What do you need to do? 
Complete the online application form by May 26, 2017. Within the application, you will be required to submit a 750- to 1,000-word essay. For essay topic, rules, guidelines, and application visit: www.syngentaus.com/scholarship/

 4. National Grocers Association Scholarship

The National Grocers Association is excited to present the Research and Education Foundation’s 2017 Scholarship Program! This scholarship program is designed for strong students with at least a 2.5 GPA who have identified a passion for the independent grocery industry. Application available at: http://www.nationalgrocers.org/docs/default-source/0---default-library/2017-foundation-scholarship-application.pdf?sfvrsn=2

 5. University Libraries Events & Information

Finals Study Snacks @ CYT: C. Y. Thompson Library has study carrels, tables, booths, soft seating areas, group study rooms, PLUS snacks available, while they last!

SCIL 101: Science and Decision-making for a Complex World -- Final Project Posters, C. Y. Thompson Library, Main Floor, North wall, through the month of May. The four winning posters – one from each of the Spring semester recitation sections for Science Literacy 101 are on display. Each addresses a big question about a socioscientific issue related to food, fuel, land and/or water systems in Nebraska.

  6. Volunteers needed- Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska

The 2017 Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska, hosted by Jeff and Lisa Johnson, will be held Friday and Saturday, June 2-3, at the Lonesome River Ranch near Anselmo, Nebraska.  This will be the 20th anniversary of this event, and to date, over $13 million has been raised for cancer research.  We are proud that 100% of the money raised is donated to the cause, with 90% going to the Buffett Cancer Center in Omaha, and the remaining 10% going to our communities.  Since nearly 800 volunteers are needed to ensure the success of the event, we are inviting your students to join us in this project.

 Students interested in volunteering, can contact Diane Scott at 308-872-2395 or diane.jerry.scott@gmail.com

 For more information regarding the ball, go to www.cattlemensball.com or like the event on Facebook.

 Sincerely, 

Nicole Smith, MSEd

Student Development Coordinator
 University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
 103 Agricultural Hall
 Lincoln, NE 68583-0702
 (402) 472-0609