A weekly freshman seminar that helps you hit the ground running in terms of leadership, involvement and success.
Experience and leadership are two key characteristics employers seek when hiring. So CASNR has made it easy— and free—to discover your strengths, connect you with opportunities to develop your leadership skills, and provide the real-world experience you’ll need to compete in your chosen career. Dean’s Scholars in Experiential Leadership (DSEL) is a weekly, non-credit seminar offered at no cost! Your only investment is your time and enthusiasm. It’s a great way to meet fellow students, discover your individual interests and talents, and get involved in leadership development activities that will strengthen you academically and personally. As a participant in DSEL, you will:
- Discover your strengths through Gallup’s StrengthsQuest® program.
- Complete personality and talent inventories.
- Identify leadership and involvement opportunities on campus and in the community.
- Learn to become even better at career planning and decision making.
- Develop skills that lead to success on campus and beyond.
- Interact weekly with Interim Dean Tiffany Heng-Moss.
- Assist with a variety of campus activities.
- Develop strong communication skills and self-confidence.
- Create a stronger resumé when it comes time to seek employment.
Discover more by contacting:
103 Agricultural Hall
Lincoln, NE 68583-0702
800.742.8800 Ext. 2541