The Mid-America Croplife Association's Young Leader Scholarship Program (MACA YLSP) is designed to expose future agriculturalists to the crop protection industry and future career opportunities. Recipients will benefit from the financial compensation and exposure to and networking with MACA members. MACA members benefit by developing a talent pool of future industry leaders and through the heightened awareness of MACA within the 13 participating universities.
- Candidates will be top-potential collegiate sophomores or juniors with an educational focus on agriculture. Candidates must be enrolled at one of the 13 Land-Grant Universities and have secured a summer internship (2017) within agriculture, preferably within the crop protection industry. Additionally, the selected recipient is expected to attend the MACA Annual Meeting September 4-6, 2018-- MACA Annual Meeting - Des Moines, Iowa to speak about their internship experience and participate in reception/networking with MACA members.
Each of the 13 scholarships will consist of:
- $2,000 cash scholarship to be provided to the respective University for the scholarship recipient selected
- Travel stipend to attend MACA Annual Meeting September 4-6, 2018 in Des Moines, Iowa
- Opportunity to be on YLSP panel at the MACA Annual Meeting
- Participate in program, reception and networking with MACA members at Annual Meeting
- Early February: MACA committee to select recipients
- Early-April: MACA and university officials notify the recipients
- July:Contact recipients regarding MACA Annual Meeting to coordinate travel plans and meeting details
- September 4-6, 2018: MACA Annual Meeting -- in Des Moines, Iowa
- Must be a sophomore or junior (60 hours completed by December 2017) with an educational focus on agriculture.
- Must have secured a summer internship (2018) within agriculture, preferably within the crop protection industry.
General Program Requirements:
- GPA – Must have a 3.0 minimum GPA while enrolled in college.
- Supply a completed application, updated resume and unofficial transcript by Noon on Wednesday, January 25, to CASNR Dean's Office. (Submit via email to Erin Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word or PDF document or fill out the online application below)
- MACA Annual Meeting – Scholarship recipient must be available to attend the MACA Annual Meeting September 4-6, 2018 in Des Moines, Iowa (Travel and lodging expenses reimbursed by MACA.)
- Presentations – Two presentations on campus to be completed once they have attended the MACA Annual Meeting and before January 1, 2019. PowerPoint presentations, video clips, and handouts will be provided to them for the presentations. These presentations are meant to get more exposure for MACA, the Young Leaders Scholarship Program, and the overall Agricultural Industry.