Future Leaders of Crop Production MACA Young Leader Program
The MACA Young Leader Scholarship Program (MACA YLSP) is designed to expose future agriculturalists to the crop protection industry and future career opportunities. Recipients will benefit from exposure and networking with MACA members for potential job opportunities as well as financial compensation. MACA members benefit by developing a talent pool of future industry leaders and through the heightened awareness of MACA within the participating universities.
- Candidates will be top-potential collegiate sophomores or juniors with an educational focus on agriculture. Candidates must be enrolled at one of the 13 Land-Grant Universities and have secured a summer internship (2019) within agriculture, preferably within the crop protection industry. Additionally, the selected recipient is expected to attend the MACA Annual Meeting September 3-5, 2019, in Indianapolis, IN, to participate and network with MACA members and to develop a deeper understanding of the crop protection industry.
Each of the 13 scholarships awarded annually (1 per University) will consist of:
- $2,000 cash scholarship to be provided to the respective University for the scholarship recipient selected
- Travel stipend to attend MACA Annual Meeting Sept. 3-5, 2019, in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Opportunity to be on YLSP panel at the MACA Annual Meeting
- Participate in program, reception and networking with MACA members at Annual Meeting
- Have 2 MACA member mentors/hosts
- January 22, 2019, 8 a.m.: Application due to CASNR Dean's Office
- Early February: MACA committee to select recipients
- Early-April: Notify Universities of the recipients selected for scholarship and work with University officials to notify recipients
- July:Contact recipients regarding MACA Annual Meeting to coordinate travel plans and meeting details
- September 3-5, 2019: MACA Annual Meeting -- in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Must be a sophomore or junior (60 hours completed by Dec. 2018) with an educational focus on agriculture.
- Must have secured a summer internship (2019) within agriculture, preferably within the crop protection industry.
- Must attend the MACA Annual Meeting Sept. 3-5, 2019, in Indianapolis. All expenses will be paid.
General Program Requirements:
- GPA: Must have a 3.0 minimum GPA while enrolled in college.
- Application: Supply a completed application, updated resume and unofficial transcript by 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, to CASNR Dean's Office. (Submit via email to Erin Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word or PDF document or fill out the online application below)
- MACA Annual Meeting: Scholarship recipient must attend the MACA Annual Meeting September 3-5, 2019. in Indianapolis, Ind. (Travel and lodging expenses reimbursed by MACA.)
- Presentations: Student must make two presentations on campus about MACA that must be completed once they have attended the MACA Annual Meeting and before January 1, 2020. PowerPoint presentations, video clips, and handouts will be provided to them for the presentations. These presentations are meant to get more exposure for MACA, the Young Leaders Scholarship Program, and the overall Agricultural Industry.