Dean for the Day — To celebrate the start of the 2014 Nebraska State FFA Convention, Dean Steven Waller of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, named State FFA President Spencer Hartman, Dean for the Day. Spencer participated in the opening ceremonies for the 86th FFA Convention held on April 9, 2014 as the CASNR Dean and gave the welcome address in this capacity.
Seniors: Register for May's Salute to Graduates.
Science with a Purpose — learn more about our 29 majors and two pre-professional programs.
Bachelor of Science on-line degree completion program
Master of Applied Science program
- Science with a Purpose — We prepare students for careers in everything from animals to plants, soil to climate, golf to business, mechanization to leadership and food to forensic science.
- Scholarship and financial assistance — CASNR awards more than $1 million in scholarships each fall. We also provide low-interest loans to students with financial need.
- Secure Your Future — Students who participate in the Ensuring Your Future program are guaranteed a job offer within six months of graduating.
- CASNR Cares — This program provides a single contact for students and parents to assist with any questions. This unique program is dedicated to helping students personally and individually.
- Student focused learning environment — CASNR offers a wide range of unique opportunities for undergraduate research, entrepreneurship, international experiences and collaborative relationships with faculty and fellow students.
Nick Manes — Fisheries and Wildlife Major
Nick Manes, senior fisheries and wildlife major with minors in environmental studies and Spanish was attending a Michael Forsberg presentation about conservation photography when he had an aha moment. "He [Forsberg] was talking about what he does, and I thought, 'That's exactly what I want to do.'"
As Manes looks to his future as a conservation photographer, he wants to do more than show the ways our environment is damaged. He explains, “I try to show people what beauties are in nature so that they can recognize for themselves why we should try to save it.”
Manes credits SNR faculty with helping him bring together an interest in wildlife and photography.
Read more about other student highlights.
Dr. Larkin Powell - Professor of Conservation Biology and Animal Ecology and Associate Dean of the School of Natural Resources
Dr. Larkin Powell teaches courses in the school’s fisheries and wildlife program, including field courses to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Puerto Rico.
He teaches courses in the school’s fisheries and wildlife program, including field courses to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Puerto Rico. He has an active research lab for M.S. or Ph.D. students and postdoctoral associates.