December graduates: Register today for Salute to Graduates
CASNR students: Apply by December 10 for the Cabela's scholarship
Ag Innovation Prize --entry deadline February 28, 2014
CASNR Professor Ron Hanson receives two national honors
CASNR student sets new 300-yard drive record
UNL lends a hand during recent U.S. Senior Open in Omaha
2014 Teaching & Learning Workshop Registration
Science with a Purpose — learn more about our 29 majors and two pre-professional programs.
Bachelor of Science on-line degree completion program
Master of Applied Science program
- Science with a Purpose — We prepare students for careers in everything from animals to plants, soil to climate, golf to business, mechanization to leadership and food to forensic science.
- Scholarship and financial assistance — CASNR awards more than $1 million in scholarships each fall. We also provide low-interest loans to students with financial need.
- Secure Your Future — Students who participate in the Ensuring Your Future program are guaranteed a job offer within six months of graduating.
- CASNR Cares — This program provides a single contact for students and parents to assist with any questions. This unique program is dedicated to helping students personally and individually.
- Student focused learning environment — CASNR offers a wide range of unique opportunities for undergraduate research, entrepreneurship, international experiences and collaborative relationships with faculty and fellow students.
Nick Manes — Fisheries and Wildlife Major
Nick Manes, senior fisheries and wildlife major with minors in environmental studies and Spanish was attending a Michael Forsberg presentation about conservation photography when he had an aha moment. "He [Forsberg] was talking about what he does, and I thought, 'That's exactly what I want to do.'"
As Manes looks to his future as a conservation photographer, he wants to do more than show the ways our environment is damaged. He explains, “I try to show people what beauties are in nature so that they can recognize for themselves why we should try to save it.”
Manes credits SNR faculty with helping him bring together an interest in wildlife and photography.
Read more about other student highlights.
Dr. Larkin Powell - Professor of Conservation Biology and Animal Ecology and Associate Dean of the School of Natural Resources
Dr. Larkin Powell teaches courses in the school’s fisheries and wildlife program, including field courses to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Puerto Rico.
He teaches courses in the school’s fisheries and wildlife program, including field courses to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and Puerto Rico. He has an active research lab for M.S. or Ph.D. students and postdoctoral associates.