Learning Innovation Network for K-12 Schools
We provide a monthly update of opportunities and resources for K-12 schools to connect with the University of Nebraska's CASNR Food, Energy, Water, and Societal Systems (FEWS²) programs and partners.
In CASNR we aim to move the land grant mission forward by developing student learning opportunities in agricultural sciences and natural resources framed in topics of Food, Energy, Water, and Societal Systems (FEWS2). We engage in co-creating education and career pathways for students and supporting teachers by:
- creating opportunities and minimizing barriers for all learners in the exploration of education and career pathways
- investing in and supporting teachers to innovate and integrate cross-curricular concepts of FEWSS throughout K-12 education
- encouraging our higher education institutions to share content expertise to build curriculum that will inform best practices in the areas of FEWSS and mentor future systems thinkers for the continuum of learners through our higher education institutions
- connecting and developing a team of community leaders to build partnerships that combine resources to support student and teacher innovation
- building a workforce of tomorrow with the support of the industry of today by developing work-based learning opportunities
We believe this strategy for K-12 partnerships will result in a strong learning innovation network of support for every learner and every educator in the state of Nebraska.