It is an exciting time for the College! In 1872, the University of Nebraska Board of Regents established what is now the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Just shy of 50 years ago, in 1973, the Nebraska Legislature established UNL’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) with the passage of LB149. CASNR and IANR will celebrate both important milestones during the 2022-23 academic year.
The College’s 150th anniversary is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the past, celebrate the present, and dream big about the future.
As we begin the 2022-23 academic year, I want to express my deepest appreciation for all that you do for our students, the College, and Nebraska and highlight our strategic priorities that serve as the roadmap for our CASNR Community.
I hope you see opportunities to engage, co-create and advance our shared goals, programs, and initiatives to provide our students with an exceptional educational experience. Our evolving vision for the College is that while each academic unit/program has its own strategic outlook, it is the compatibility of these visions — and the manner in which they support, complement, and leverage one another — that produces a truly creative and innovative teaching and learning environment.
Strategic Priorities: Aligned with IANR’s roadmap, N2025, and NU 5-Year Strategy
- The Power of Every Person – Every person and every interaction matters
- Advance the college’s framework for student success
- Foster holistic student development:
- Transformative Learning – linking curricular, experiential and co-curricular programming
- Health and Wellbeing
- Inclusive Excellence
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Continue to actualize our framework for graduate education
- Smart, sustainable pathways to grow enrollments - - be the destination for diverse educational pathways at the nexus of food, energy, water, and societal systems (FEWS2)
- Focus on the continuum of learners – credit and non-credit pathways; early college and career pathways; digital education; on- and off-ramps (online BS degree completion); microcredentials
- Teaching and Learning Innovation
- Amplify our impact through partnerships
THANK YOU for all that you do for our students, the College, and the people of Nebraska.
Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
Always an opportunity to grow
We take your development beyond the classroom with opportunities to get involved in the community via internships, research, service, speakers, and more.
Own your experience
We provide an education that allows you to craft your experience to fit your passions.
Connections to co-create your path
CASNR is full of passionate faculty, staff and alumni with valuable real-world experiences that are eager to assist you in research, mentorship and networking.
A supportive community for you to learn + thrive in
We expose you to new places, people and ideas all while providing individualized support along the way.
A place for you to flourish
CASNR is a vibrant community - complete with labs, dining options, a recreation center and specialized facilities for your studies.
Inspiring you to make an impact on the world
CASNR will develop you into a professional that's prepared to make a mark on the world.
We are Nebraska.
We believe in the power of every person. We don't rest on our strengths—we stretch them. Sweat them. Combine them. Growing flexible, nimble and strong minds. That's how we do big things.